[su_heading size=”28″ margin=”30″] How Do You Keep A Happy And Lasting Marriage?[/su_heading]
So how do you keep a happy and lasting marriage?
Marriage is a true commitment that has to withstand all kinds of challenges in life. There are married couples who have gone through a lifetime, enjoying great moments together. However, many have ended up in divorced or separated for some reasons.
The most ultimate of marriage has to be living with your loved one and building up a happy and lasting marriage. After all human being are social creatures who live together to form a community. Therefore, knowing how to keep a happy and lasting marriage is the first thing you want to bear in mind before making a vow and planning for the special day of your life – The Wedding.
Marriage is not about having a married certificate or wearing wedding bands. A Marriage Certificate is a legal contract that reminds us of our choice to cherish our union. It reminds ones to stay together regardless of all obstacles they may encounter together.
While one marries a partner because of love and many attractions he or she offers, a marriage couple must also accept and tolerate each other’s weakness such as temper, selfishness, and even laziness. Selfishness must be aborted as you try to meet each other’s needs.
It takes patience, persistence and lots of sacrifice for each other. As the human being, we are no more perfect. One should never try to change your spouse, but instead, guide him, be tolerance and sharing your feelings and thoughts. If he loves you, could end up changing himself for the better.
Always remember there are raining days and sunny days. It takes both partners to work up together to maintain that happy and lasting marriage. And as the family grows to have children, both of you evolve to be more responsible, mature and protective of your family. It is also during this period that marital problems started to set in, e.g. finance, children’s education and conflict of interest.
We should always try to work up to have that happy and lasting marriage, unless in extreme cases of home violent or criminal cases where divorce seems to be the only solution. We must realise that emptiness and loneliness set in once the partner left them, and in some cases, could face some financial difficulties having to rely on the partner for financial support during the marriage. Besides, it is going to have an effect on the children. We want them to enjoy the life as a completed family.
Finally, everyone goes through the stage that one day we are all going to experience the devastating loss of our loved one. How often we see spouse standing by his partner as sickness and disease set in when they are old and fight to the end. Every obstacle that you encounter will make you stronger along the marriage path.
Planning For a Happy and Lasting Marriage is as important as planning for a marriage
Here are some extra points to take note to maintain that happy and lasting marriage:
- Essential Insurance coverings are needed for medical need, accident, housing loan, children education, etc.
- Financial Planning has to be worked up as it is utmost important for a married couple. Do your budgeting, setting aside some savings for raining days and going for some small investments for future growth.
- Allow some spare money for a holiday, short one if money is an issue so as to tune up the stress of work and a time to be together. Most people are happy when they go for a holiday.
- Whenever there is a crush or disagreement, try to cool down and stay away from the scene to ponder on the matter. How many times we see couples screaming or fighting at the height of their quarrel, saying things that shouldn’t be, only to regret later.
- Be mature and responsible, apology if you make a mistake. Learn to forgive and do not make a mountain out of a molehill.
- Go for some special training to build up self-confidence and self-esteem if you lack. Alternatively, you can read inspiration books.
- Be yourself. That was the reason your partner married you. Always looking fresh and beautiful, going outside for fresh air.
- Take up some hobbies that you and your spouse are passionate about e.g. photography, gardening, home crafts or cooking.
- Your job has to be one that you like doing because the frustrations you encountered at work might eventually affect your family and loved one.
- Respect each other’s privacy even though it is best to share daily events and routine works. There are times when one partner would rather not share them.
‘Love is always kind and unconditioned’ just as a mother love to her children; A husband to the wife. Only that can we achieve a lasting and happy marriage.
Here is my Recommendation of an Ebook
especially meant for Newlyweds
Guide To A Happy Marriage.